Friday, May 13, 2005

Good Natured Sledging!

Today Morning, i woke up with a jolt.Shiva had apparently RGed charan to get into the bogs! and consequently charan lent out blood curdling scream.While coming to the lab, met gollu on the way. We started talking about PCG, as usual. I don't enjoy it so much anymore, he said.Earlier i used to look forward to it. I began to wonder and i could not deny it anymore. I feel a bit down myself now-a-days at PCG. The number of players has gone up a lot, it is more than theoretical limits at PCG. The Sledging has gone up too. I had kind of a divided opinion on this, initially. When i was facing the sledge hammer, i was totally against this kind of thing. Next day, someone else was being sledged.I felt that most of the times, the sledging was unnecessary. Anyway, this is my opinion. I feel thrilled by the force of the game. The final tension minutes, where team mates try to keep each other in the game. Among the crowd, this is kinda lost. I don't know about this world, but for PCG 7 a side is perfect.

About winning/losing the match, i try to detach myself from the end result. I find it much more relaxing this way.Unfortunately, some of my friends see it a sign of "loser attitude". As much as i find that really annoying, I can't help but shrug.

2 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

In JAM we always used to tell our freshers...."sledge hard, but lets not involve our opponents "mothers" and "sisters" in it"...(I hope u understand what this means !)

PCG sledging has been clean as far as I can recollect...and I think it makes the game much more competitive....remember cricket is also tests ur mental toughness

I know its painful when u r at the receiving end...but then if u perform well, u get to have the last laugh

9:14 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

I just hope ppl are able to realize the difference before good natured sledging and 'I am get into ur ass and pain u to death' sledging. And of course the best way to handle it is to keep silent and follow the age old dictum of letting ur bat/ball do the talking.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter