Tuesday, June 21, 2005

And miles to go before i sleep...

During JEE days, Fiit jee guys used to send us brochures and stuff with some "inspirational stuff" written on it.This was one of them. Anyway, this weekend a bunch of us went to catch the movie Anniyan. Worthless for the movie but the trip felt good. The atmosphere at the movie sucked. I expected more from Tams. It was a little disappointing to see that there were no loud booing when the projection guy did not get both the audio and video in sync. Mine was one of the loudest whistles!! and that speaks volumes about the insipid crowd that filled up the theatre. No dances to songs.No front benchers to make comments and no such country stuff. What is a movie without all the fan fare?? The next day, we went to New York. It was good fun. Met the lady at Liberty.First time. Did not get too close. Free ferries don't get you that far/close. Visited the usual places one visits when one is in NY. Wall Street, Central Park, Lexington,T-Square, half a broad-way and then the streets on NY! On the way back, my bus broke down and a dreary wait at Blommsburg!! I fully appreciate that shiva bought a car! way to go Shiva! While going to NJ, some excellent drive, navigational goofs saw us reaching NJ in twice the time it usually takes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

u miser..couldnt u buy tickets and go to the statue of liberty upclose...i got a pseud apartment in Pasadena...havent got my stuff though...will have to live out of a suitcase for another week I guess

1:05 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

WTH totti u creep u miss sessions at PCG, dont show up for tennis, dont join us us for Cinderella Man and worst of all dont update ur blog for ages.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

I too had a similar misadventure when I went for the Judas Priest concert that same day. Took us 8 hrs to reach SC and I even missed exit 161 and had to go all the way to Philipsburg. Its another matter that I had turned into a Zombie from lack of sleep and the car was practically driving itself by the time we were near State College. I can tell you Totti, thats exactly what I was thinking when I was driving back (Mles to go before I sleep). And Mr.0.5, just because you are rich now doesnt mean that you can laugh at others poverty and call them misers. We still are Poor Indian Grad Students (PIGS).

6:16 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

abbe saale Mudit...CAL is ra#$ing me big time....I am worse off than when I was a grad student....there is no concept of saving in CAL....people follow the motto..."Spend money and Drive flashy cars...why save, when u can borrow"

10:26 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

I'm so sorry for all the guys in California. Those poor buggers have to drive their Ferrari's (and Mustangs) and party and spend money. What can be worse than that? Wheres the justice, when we wallow in our riches by riding in CATA buses and eating at Taco Bell?

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter