Monday, May 23, 2005

A few random thoughts...

Time and again, i feel the sheer luck of having something so valuable as PCG. Ideally located within walkable distance from our house, it is set in amazing location. With its naturally defined boundaries, scenic back drop playing at PCG is blissful. Last weekend, we had a team from a neighbouring town, Indiana. We had some good shots and nice chases. I hope we can make this some kind of a tradition.

Photo by Guru.

Recently, i have been observing a very unsportmanlike behavior from my side. I got out so many times, but the umpire for some reason or other was reluctant to give me out. In lieu, with me being out of form, i decided to stick around the wicket. The resultant guilt factor choked my shots, leaving me in a kind of disgusted aftermath. So, i decided to walk from now-on. If i am out, i don't care what the match situation is, I am gonna walk!

Ajay and Aatre would be leaving PCG.Aatre had left long back, but he revisited us over the past week. Looks like he has been practicing bowling in the lonely valleys of Arkansas.Pointy tells me he went to Pasadena and played cricket there.Those guys had a grassy pitch though!! We have a pitch that does not depend on weather! Cricket seems to be reasonably prevalent in US too! So many leagues all around the US and these people came here to study!! I wonder if the amount of cricket played is at par with whats played back home.Guess not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

Hi Totti,

Its not the "guilt" factor, but the "gult" factor which is affecting ur stroke play. "Walking" is always commendable. The level of game at PCG (Pasadena cricket ground) was cuppax compared to PCG.....but the variable bounce affected shot selection greatly.

...and to answer ur question...the level of cricket is many rungs below the one played in India....no wonder players like u r made "non-playing" captains :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Hahahaha I knew out totti I had u stumped out the other day. I think the umpires are being bribed nowadays by the other team to let u continue batting :)
Also reduce ur pic size coz its butting into all the links in the right hand corner.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

hi.. this cricket pitch looks like a runway man...

BTW.. I believe your photo size is too big. So, your profile and archives hv done down in your page. So, better reduce the photo size.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter