Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Dark side of the story : Making of the ring

Most of us have seen lord of the rings. And, we know that the dark lord is supposedly a cruel hearted, power-seeking maniac. I felt that there are two sides of coin, six sides to dice etc... Here is the story from the dark lord's perspective. The story will try to show that he is a simple, kind fellow who just caught up in emotions too strong for him to control. Okie.


Another dreary day at the top of the tower, looking for the stupid ring of mine. I have learnt my lesson this time. Never again will I put too much enthu into my “brilliant” ideas. I wonder if any one else thought of pouring all their powers into an object. I remember reading somewhere that some powerful magician had put all his powers in some parrot and left it at some place seven seas and mountains beyond. It looked like a fool proof plan. Did’nt read the rest of the story, though. Anyway, I got an even better idea and decided to put all my powers into a ring. My orcs tell me that I am obsessed with jewelry. Even that sissy nazguls were making fun of me. I don’t give a damn. I am the dark lord, after all. Anyway, I thought it was better to put my powers into some non-living thing: something which also looks good and bright. I decided to go for a ring. Thadaal fight, I had to put. A couple of night outs at Mt.Doom and I had the ring ready. I also wrote down a cool punch line, I picked up from some one’s shirt. It went like “One ring to rape them all” or something like that. Sounded cool, though. In retrospect, I see many faults with the plan. One day, I was sitting on the porch and admiring the beauty of my ring when those idiotic nazguls came down with their weird friend gumbal. A bunch of elves and dwarves. I tried to maintain my distance from these guys. Arbit people with lofty ideals about humanity and other crap. Anyways, as I sat their appreciating my hardwork, these guys happened to glance at it too! And before, I could say “How is it going”, they were all ga-ga over the ring. One of them was a babe. I think she was called Galadriel. She asked me where I bought this. For the first time in my life, I felt proud of what I had done. I told her that I made it on my own. I knew the look on her face. She was awed. I was so caught up in the flow. I told her that I could make one for her, too! The sparkle in her eyes made my heart skip a beat. The next few words made me skip a dozen. These words were spoken, by the other idiots who had obviously over heard us. You see, I was in a fix. How do I say yes only to her? I put a brave, smiling face and said, “Fine. No cool punch lines though!’ One of the best days of my life, I think. The smile on her face still is vivid in my eye. I spent a few freaking days and nights at the lab and finally made some twenty of them. Nine for the men, Seven for the dwarves, two for the other elves and two for her. I felt like we were starting some cult kind of thing. I never knew my ring would start such a fuss over nothing at all. Who cares! I just wish I could meet her again and ask if she needed anything else made. May be some bangles this time?

7 Comments:

Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Damn wat happened to the good ol' days when villans were supposed to be evil, cunniving, dastardly and heartless guys. u keep churning up villans like these and I am sure my chances at the role keep improving by the day...Shiva, Balls and Co. watchout.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

or Shiva, Balls and gumbal watchout muhahahahahahahahahaha.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

..When I started reading the blog, I thought it was another intro for Shiva's blog...

...good blog though....the lingo "thadal", "gumbal" etc are very humorous when uttered by people like dark lord.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

NEWLINE SUES 23 Y.O. STUDENT FOR COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. STUDENT FEIGNS IGNORANCE

Associated Press

July 10th, 2005
State College, PA
In todays late breaking news, Newline Cinema has slapped a multimillion dollar lawsuit against a 23 year old grad student of Penn State for copyright violation involving their biggest blockbuster, Lord of the Rings. The student, Karthik Sarpatwari, also known as Totti in blog circles has pleaded ignorance of the law. Experts believe that Totti has a slim chance as a defendant in pleading that he did not know that copy pasting screenshots of a movie from its dvd on his blog is illegal and punishable under Federal Law. "Its not going to cut any ice with the judge", says veteran journalist and attorney, Shekha Watts. "This blatant violation of copyright has gone too far. This time we are going to get those sons of bitches.", fumed a Newline spokesman. Newline intends to pursue the matter to the full extent of the law. Totti faces upto 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

11:54 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Machaan...what are the rules da?? i am always under doubt? can we or can we not do this??

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totti .. nice one. The blog started off very well but the ending (if it is already an ending) does not do justice. I guess it would have been a master piece had you spent some more time.

Constructive Critic

2:04 PM  
Blogger totti said...

i liked the idea of telling a story from a different direction...i will see if i can get some good ideas for another post in the same sense...thanks for the constructive criticism though! :-)...btw..are you from PCG??

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter