Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nothing yet

172 entries in my cell phone, over 9000 calls and about 320 hours of talk time. How many names do you know? A rough estimate? About a couple of thousands? may be thats a little too much. I have realized that my social circle is a very narrow spectrum of professionals (Yea! it took me so long to figure that out). About 90 % of them are in academics, engineers in particular. A couple of biologists, a few psychologists and thats about it.I am actually glad that my dad is not in acads, atleast professionally.He would love to be.It is not that i do not like the company of my friends. Most Definately Yes! Thats why i am around them. I guess, i would like to know a wide spectrum of people. Someone from the armed forces, or who is in agriculture, music. I would guess it would make a very healthy way of getting to know a lot of cool things.It might be a good idea to move from this place.

------------------------------------------------------
Thanksgiving was spoiled by intruders from Cal.Repeated and copied jokes for few days.No potlucks. I don't think i will be invitedto any more potlucks.

1) Very bad reputation of my cooking skills.

2) to overcome this, i did'nt take any food for the past few times.Ob! they say "Get out of here"

Where are angels anyway?

_Thesis submitted : high chance of rejection :p

6 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

In the 172, location 51 goes to a secret number :p

10:29 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

I was born to be a movie star they tell me, I dreamed of being a fighter pilot, India still misses my career as a playback singer and I am a wannabe indian cricket team player :) If this still doesnt make the cut I guess you shall have to move to the North Pole a desire expressed by you in your previous post.
P.S. Look on the brighter side atleast you cant hear any laughter as an immediate reaction to your thesis :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Close the Dumbledoor da !!!

How jobless r u to count the entries on ur phone....give up !!! Go do ur LongKriya

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

How many phone numbers you remember? They'd count as friends.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

A tad unfair, isnt it... you are branding all engineers as similar people. Talk about things other than the commonalities, and you will realise each person you know is so unique.

Ok... enough of stupid fundaes from me :p

But more...
1) Learn to cook
2) Angels were chased away by my post... haha
3) Good luck for thesis!

6:20 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Rohan - Dreams and perspirations? that's true that i don't have face such tricks till i finish my phd.I will reciprocate to matter's folly by asking questions during his defense."What will you do if someone whacks you for a dozen sixes?"

@pointy - automatic da! go do your culting from aid..whats the count?

@jinguchakka - well..i don't have to remember. My cell does the remembring job? but you would know atleast ten times more than that number.

@casa - you have to have an intuition to cook :p. can't add sugar for salt almost every other time ?!? but engineers can only think in similar fashion. It is just that my personal experience of talking to people from different profession have such different view points, it feels good!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter