Monday, July 11, 2005

Heights of Ignorance: Ignorance of Heights?

"Okie, da! I need to go sleep now. I have a morning 8:00 appointment for my learner's health check up!". I retired to bed early. The previous day, i slept like a dog for 12:00 hours.Sleep evaded me for the entire night. I got up at morning 4:00 and called up UHS(University Health Services) and left a message that i will not be able to make the appointment. I hoped to get a few hours sleep before a meeting with my professor. Nice try, nope! just kept turning and tossing. I decided to give in, got dressed and took the 7 AM bus along with subbu.

I landed up at UHS at 7:50 types. "I called in earlier to cancel my appointment.I thought i couldnt make it.Can you cancel my cancellation?". I got a No Problem from the lady. And, went ahead with my physical checkup. The nurse took my vital signs.
"Your pulse rate is good. It is kind of relaxed, sleepy". For a moment, i was staring at her. Did i walk in my sleep here? No, that can't be. I looked around. She smiled.

I feel tired and sleepy too! Monday Morning effect. I could'nt get to say that i put night out for no apparent reason. She asked me,"Karthik.Thats easy to say.How tall are you?". Er...5' 11'' ? no..that can't be ..i decided to be modest and said 5' 9'' . We went to the scaling machine and checked my height. Freaking 5-6!!!! Another smile! Would'nt be too incorrect if i said my ego was hurt. My inner LEO roared with laughter as i shook my mane. I need to call up my mom and tell her my real height. I don't know how many prospective brides she has turned down thinking that they were too short! And probably looking for someone who is taller than me!

Then, the doctor did some tests, asked me if i work out.I told her i play cricket. Everyday! Finally, she stamped the forms and i was out of UHS by 8:20. Piece of cake. Except for the lil misunderstanding over height issue!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Harsha V. Madhyastha said...

Dude, of course I remember you! I am still in NJ for my internship ... will be here for another couple of months.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

And to think that u still had to audacity to mention that u were as tall as me....I think I shall simply bounce u out next time I bowl at u in PCG.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

..5'6"...no wonder people have to "look down" on you....Machan I am missing PCG man, but I think Pasadena Cricket is gonna start soon..

12:01 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Hee hee...it came as quite a shock to me man..i thought i will be anything but 5'6''!!!! disappointing...

Pointy..we miss you at PCG too man!! the number of runs has gone down..not really ..these guys hit us for 118 runs...worst defeat at PCG ever..

Hey Madhyastha...read your blogs..:-)..i would have imagined you writing on some techie/physics stuff? no? people could have used some fundaes!! neways...nice trivia!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Aussies rape England...the end of Summer for England.....

Did u hear this...Mcgrath didn't concede a single run in the first 27 balls that he bowled..and Michael Vaughan was dropped of his 28th ball...

6:13 PM  
Blogger totti said...

yeah..first four overs were maidens..and gillespie dropped vaughan..not that it matters..but still england has its best chance in decades!!! Go Aussies!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter