Tuesday, December 27, 2005

For Fame

Obscurity and Fame are like twin sisters.You can't tell them apart.Really.I have had my brush with fame.

On a bright, cold sunday afternoon i was walking through knee deep snow to reach my office.The cold always turns on my sinus and the resultant cold led me down to starbucks for a nice, hot coffee.The mood i would say is thoughtful.Don't ask me what,since the idea still eludes me.Anyway, my fate led me till walmart.I drifted from aisle to aisle, with the hot coffee still in my hands.Most of the shoppers had left by then and the store looked deserted.At the corner was a forlorn looking dustbin.I dropped the cup with the dregs into the sorry-bin.My hand froze in mid-air as i heard a collective gasp.Ever felt a sigh knocking the air out of your lungs? It was then, i observed that the sorry-bin was'nt for garbage.It was for charity going towards the army or something like that.I looked up and saw the cold, metallic glare of the camera fixing me with its single eye, focussed on me.

Needless to say, what happened next.Ever swam against a rising tide?Not advisable.The papers ripped me apart.The news humiliated me! The only thing that rode with me was the fact that i was dreaming.Yeah,i know you guessed it upfront.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting dream

3:07 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

So now you leave comments as Anonymous on your own blog :p

And you are a miser even in your dreams? Tsk tsk ;)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

'The only thing that rode with me was the fact that i was dreaming' Yeah sure u wish, but look on the brighter side u get a free ticket to India (so wat if its a one-way) when u get deported :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Why would he get deported for dropping trash in the salvation army bucket in his dream? Though Totti is capable of doing that in reality too. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon - how is it going? and you know what, you were in the dream too! :p

casa - damn! i was planning to do that.i think it was for one of my split personality posts :)

rohan - wth! why will i be deported.I would have guessed they would have crucified me to make an example out of people like me.

mudit - thats true. i am glad christmas is over.you never know with those flashy salvation things around.i might just drop more things in.you know what i mean! i am not being mean.

pointy - forward pointing comment.Don't take some general cheap shots.i know you will writing something sarcastic, so screw you, in advance

totti

12:17 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Why TF do you have to post as anon? Twice??

12:44 PM  
Blogger totti said...

dude.i didnt post as the first anon.i just wanted to do that sometime :) the second one (by me) was to show my eagerness to post as anon .No Psycho analysis please!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter