Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Connected

I wonder how you would feel once you meet your soul mate. Would you hear an orchestra blaring like in Main hoon naa(n)? This is the closest I got to finding one. And, by some cruel twist of luck, it was taken away. We met at a restaurant I frequent. She wasn’t a usual in these parts. We clicked instantly. She was smart and I was funny. Close to midnight, she left me with dreamy eyes filled with vacant expression. Her number jotted down on the back of the cheque. It is four in the morning and I begin to miss her already. With a smile, I flip open my cell and begin dialing. With every ring, my pulse rises a little higher. Eager with anticipation. Would she be as excited as I am? Or would she be pissed?

“Hey! Its me?”
“Wha..t…who’s this?” yawns some idiot’s voice.
“Um..sorry. I think I got..”
Feels like being doused with cold water. At four in the morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

I like a tangential story.You know the one which kind of is not connected with my story but hits it for a moment and vanishes away.At 4 in the morning, a few days back, i got this call from someone looking for someone.I thought this is what happ.hee hee. Or did i dream that this happened? i am not so sure.anyway

8:13 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

R u sure its not Shiva watching some movie at 4:00 am at night and laughing out loud

I remember when I was there at SC, Balls and Shiva started would watch movies every night at 3:00 am

9:11 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Maybe you could have used the opportunity to find your soulmate in the caller ;)

12:14 AM  
Blogger totti said...

i need a good break from blogging.i think :)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

You are yet to come out of your nested dreams! Or is it the girl who is dreaming that she gave some number and the guy already misses her and calls her at 4 but reaches some other person? Too complicated..eh?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

I am sure she is a gult... I heard u blabbering in a extremely horny tone in telugu while u were sleeping after the movie yesterday:-p

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter