Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Walk with me

The other day, i was walking up from IST to HUB. The way is a good ten minutes and i have nothing to do, while i walk. I like playing some stupid, silly games. Like, if someone is walking alongside with me.I will call him/her up and we would talk on the phone, walking side-by-side.Well, this time there was no one next to me. You can talk to yourself, only for a little time.After that, you find yourself boring too. I laughed out loud.A couple of scared squirrels ran up the trees and looked down upon me with a frown. I threw a look of disdain and kept moving.

Well.I decided i would just stare at the person i meet. A person i already knew. As i kept my trot towards HUB, it so happened i meet my advisor. I could see him from a good 20 feet. Smiling, i looked away. Glanced up and down to see if i could find someone else i knew.Nope. Game is a game.You gotta stick to the rules. I could feel the heat on my neck, my face. I lifted my head and just stared. A perplex on his face. A growing concern.I could feel my expressions rearrange already. Conflict contorting on my face reflecting from my prof's face.A couple of feet away, and it looked i would break down.I started running, laughing.

9 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

It is all in the head. You have no idea the amount of crazy stuff is out there.You would be sick :)

Try this on your boss. Don't say Hi or nothing, when you meet them and come away unscathed.Can you? How about trying it on the first day of your work?

*flicks the eyebrow*

12:06 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

911 call --> 20 min drive ---> Cell no.21 solitary confinement
-----> THE END

3:55 PM  
Blogger Subash said...

Dude Totti -- Seriously dude, make an appointment with a shrink. I think you need professional help. Something along the lines of what Seinfeld suggests to George Costanza -- a team of psychiatrists, doctors and the whole nine yards!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was seriously hilarious!!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

You see.... weather you care or not.. there are always observers who call this a clear state of delirium... I think it was the same day when across the glass walls of IST were four such observers, Rajaram, Ball, Dan and yours truly, who found you totally lost in your stupid game and had a good laugh over our lunch... Raj and Dan are not joining AOL for sure, scared of getting into tha state:-p

7:17 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Dont try to mellow down your comments section by posing as Anonymous....

Did u c India getting ra@#d by Pak ?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hehehe... and the games people play ;)

But it sounds like fun... not of course with the boss. Too risky. But I think I can look forward to scaring a few of my friends with these stares :D

9:43 AM  
Blogger totti said...

rohan - so if we have to talk to you, we need to dial 911! i shall update my phone book!

cartman - dude, you are the one who goes Mr.mackey for all those consultations.Mkay

Subbu : is that you? ofcourse! seriously hilarious? it has to be you!

Sus : a trademark joblessness at IST.During lunch, in the mailroom
wherever, whenever :)

Pointy : your effigies would be burning state college. go do Kriya

casa : No.no..you have to try it on the boss to play the hardest level! I tried it on a friend a couple of years back, i failed miserably.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Why arent your subsequent posts allowing comments??

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter