Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bright Side of the Story - In light of things

We entered the dimly lit tent together. Though attendance for the post-day battle presentations has been dimming, the class size was still quite large. I spotted a distant, rare two seater in a corner, we were in luck. Negotiating through the rapt audience, we settled ourselves in the cozy confines and flicked open our laptops. The speaker was some olderly gentleman, showing some excel graphs and powerpoint slides on some weird collateral damage equation. A great deal of boasting, and strategizing takes place in these meetings. We, however, are careful not to offer too much advice in the fear of axing our own foot, so to say. I remember once my dear friend started ranting about some war funda, you know, to boost his credentials, and he was stuck in putting the same funda loop. Painful. But luckily, he got away with it and I was able to convince him to just remain silent. He has been practicing his brooding face for a while and looks like its working. Presently, I see him peering at his screen with a bemused expression. My own laptop hasn’t been able to catch any signal. I bet its some stupid lame video on youtube. I nudged him with my knee and he showed me what he was looking at. No wonder Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore, I guess he was homophobic. At this point, I felt the speaker pause and his eyes on me. I expertly rearrange my smirk to the ever beautiful brooding one and return his gaze. Yet, another trick that I need to pass on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

Back to the vague ways...well written though...

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter