Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jerk

I mean Knee Jerk. This age has been rightly called the information age. With more information available, there is increasing likelihood of misconstrued opinions and parroted opinions. Its common knowledge that the more you read and watch a certain wing of opinion, you tend to get polarized accordingly. Plus, there is also more freedom and opportunity to voice your own vaguely constructed, high-sounding opinion. Like its said, opinion is like a #*(%@), everyone has one. And, now you can air it as well.

I enjoy discussions, but, I find myself trying to put fundaes then paying close attention to what’s been said. I am glad that it has changed over the past few years. Very often, I find myself just catching the train of thoughts from my fellow conversationist. Partly, I am thinking what to say next and partly gloating over my previous statements. This listening handicap is the backbone of incessant knee-jerk comments and opinions.

2 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

plus the incapacity to form coherent posts. this post is based on no factual data..just very narrow observation..i know no one who makes knee-jerk statements..except my self

12:34 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

..plus no one ever listens to u...so ur opinions definitely dont influence people..

But seriously, everything in life is informational and can definitely be bent the way the provider wants...case in point FOX network...

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter