Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bright Side of the Story - Part I

As the dust settled, the view of the distant horizons became clearer to the eye. Not that it mattered. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a horse drop a cart load of $#*. I return my gaze to the kneeling figure, in front of me. Arjuna got up after tying his shoe lace and wrinkled his nose. May be he glimpsed the shitty action not far from our vantage point. He scratched his beard, adjusted his toupee and looked at me with reverent eyes. I could practically see him begging for my god level fundaes. I silently mulled, pretending to chew the non-existent gum in my mouth. I felt I cannot lie to this man. There were bigger things here at hand. I notice my protégé quiver at the sight of gathering forces.

“I cannot fight this war”

“I know”, I say blandly. I could have worded it better. He opens his mouth but the words won’t come out. Okie, that one I stole from eminem. But, he gaped for a long while.

“Is it because of your relatives on the other side?”, I helped him. He latched onto it like a moth onto a flame. Fatal but useful.

”Yeah, that’s it. I can’t fight my own relatives”. Brilliant and yet simple. The trick was how to convince the others that this indeed was the reason. They would see through it like a moth sees a flame (I think I am stretching this moth thing a little too far).

“How about others?” he surprises me sometimes with his shocking insights. This time, I choked for words. We need more time, but unfortunately, that’s exactly we are running out of. Well, we are running out of ideas, as well but you get the drift.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice points put up... patience plays a vital role which is easy to say and hard to implement thats it :p

9:21 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

After a long time, Totti delivers a good post...looks like the break from blogdom served you well...hopefully you can match this with a good sequel

2:06 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Yeah made sense to me too, looks like marriage is fixing up a few things in your life after all ;)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter