Thursday, July 28, 2005

First Impressions

Nothing better than hanging out with a few friends after a hard day's work!. HP, charan, shiva and i were sitting outside and talking. We will be moving out of our apartment sooner than we expected. In the middle of general discussion about logisitcs, HP said,"Let's play that game of What-u-thought-of-me-when-you-saw-me-first?". I told her i did'nt think much of her :). HP was re-accounting what she thought of each of us. The lady said she thought i was a gentleman; i guess i have rectified the notion since. However, she didnt seem to recollect how she met shiva. Personally, i think that it was a great insult. i think it implied that you are not even good enuf to register any kind of impression.

I wonder if your behavior with a person is more or less determined by the first impression they create on you. Good impressions tend to fade away more quickly, i guess. On many occasions, i meet someone and i go,"Yeah.He/she is pretty cool" and soon enough after a few interactions, i am plotting escape routes. The other way, however, has happened less frequently. Very rarely did i meet someone and thought they were jerks of n-th-order and even more rarely did things happen which corrected my view. The thing is if you think someone is a jerk, you tend to look at whatever they do to justify your opinion about them. On the other hand, if you think someone is cool and does something prohibitively stupid , you might consider it as a mistake.

Bollywood has interesting takes on setting up this chance first encounters.
* The first time he saw her, she had answered the door with a bucket of cold water
* The next time, she answers with a broom stick!
* The first time he met him, he shot him with 0.45
* The first time he caught her, dropping from mid air because he knocked her from the ladder
* DCH scene of aamir meeting preity and ending up with a black eye

12 Comments:

Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

'Nothing better than hanging out with a few friends after a hard day's work!' Wouldnt u give off ur right hand to know wat that feels like as u spend day after day fooling ur prof making him think u r hard at work while you write out such blogs :-)
On the topic lets hear ur first impression of me and u dare not pull a Shiva on me (the implication of which has changed drastically after u penning down this blog).

12:30 PM  
Blogger totti said...

:-)).. i used to get confused between you and sandy !!!! and the next thing was pitched against me at PCG

1:11 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Wat the hell u couldnt differentiate between a tanned version of Brad Pitt and a Gollum lookalike. R u gonna use that excuse to explain why u kept bowling so badly to me at PCG?
'the next thing was pitched against me at PCG' I didnt get that bit.
Hey I was thinking if u can show Sandy my comments he wud probably show up at PCG next time around if only to bowl me out for nought.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totti u bitch !! ..
$@#%$#@%@%^%@^@%^@

..truly deeply madly hurt
shiva

10:17 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

When I first met Totti I had a doubt that he was mentally retarded.....
When I met him the second time, it was confirmed.....

...first impression surely proved right...

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i first met totti, i regretted it ...
when i met him again i was convinced God was plotting against me

11:04 PM  
Blogger totti said...

@rohan - nothing can bring sandy back to pcg.
@pointy- at first i thought you were a decent guy with social sense. Little did i know you were this money culting plagiarising hypocrite :)
@shiva - screw you!!!! sorry if i hurt you :p
@ephp - the feeling is mutual. i am sure i have adequately expressed my dicontent of your company, quite a few times!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

totti...I am afraid to say..but first impressions r always right...and by that logic..I am what u thought about originally...

12:11 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Sandy is not in PCG?
+1 footergumbal
Regarding first impressions, Totti, even I don't remember meeting you for the first time. Slowly, I just became aware of a painful presence in my life. A little prodding revealed the reason to be you.
Pointy, whats up with the change in photo? Did some female praise your new pic or what?

5:56 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Who the hell is ephp???

5:58 PM  
Blogger totti said...

shiva has the weird habit of commenting on other people's names..ephp is a great individual known as HP to people who know her.

Hari Priya..i am sorry for retorting back like that .i did'nt know that shiva was using your name for such purposes.Damn him :)

7:37 PM  
Blogger totti said...

@pointy - you can't alter reality no matter what i think of you
@mudit - glad that i pained you. hope to continue my crusade further

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter