Saturday, July 30, 2005

Rivalry

Professional rivalry has many advantages. Entertainment for the followers ofcourse. It seems to impart certain individuals with supernatural powers. Performances tend to be turned up a notch. Some of the contest between arch rivals are quite a treat to watch. The hype build-up in such cases feels justified. India-pak matches used to be so exciting. I guess too much cricket kind of diluted the whole thing. It was supposed to be that way. Too much to handle, i guess.

So, finally, it looks like PCG is going to see some bitter rivalry. I was kind of hoping this was going to happen. I , being meek myself, can't handle rivalry nor do i have the professional capabiities to beat the crap out of anyone. On the other hand, there is always an outside chance of my rival turning up an extra notch in performance. That spells danger for me and a permanent place in the record books. Recent events at PCG, however, have given me a glimmer of hope. I hear of fired up incidents between various players and i can't help but rub my hands in glee. The role of media is to provide a nurturing environment for the rivalry. Hee hee hee. Anyway, hopefully, we will be able to fuel this rivalry to generate some action. Not that PCG lacks any action.

2 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

Tell me more abt the rivalries.....

By the way change ur blog name to "Totti"...Karthik Sarpatwari seems vague

Also change ur age to 23, though mentally u might be 3...pls dont lie about ur physical age....

I am not getting any time to write blog....probably I shall outsource my idea to you

1:57 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Pointy..what brought abt the change in the pic..?? rohan has also changed his pic..i heard you are not being allowed to bowl at pasadena?? you chucker!!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter