Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lost in Translation

It is much like the say, Love is blind. So, is the one i got married to. Not physically blind, per se. Blind behind a veil of ignorant, know-it-all demeanor. I wouldn't know, atleast for another few centuries, how his actions altered the course of history. Until i read the book on americas.

"I want to be an explorer, honey". He said with his usual air of pomposity. Adjusting his piraty-scarfs in the mirror from munich.
"uh-huh". Mirrors, i guess, are too slow to capture the quick exaggerated look on my face.Slight adjustements to the facial contours, to what seems like a smile. Encouraging, i hope.

"You know, we always hear about this place.India.I want to find out what's the deal with it". I cough to cover up the rising layers of laughter. This man, who gets lost in his own bedroom wants to find out India.

"Your father still owes me a small fortune on your dowry.Do you think he will get me a boat". Sure. He will even conjure a crew for you. Just to prove a point.

The big day arrives. Capt.Columbus ( he wouldn't allow us to address him otherwise) sets out on his maiden journey with his "brave" crew. I wish i could show you the outfit he chose.(you can google for it). Hoisting himself up, he threw us a salute.

"Gentlemen, Lets go find her. Up and away". He said, pointing in the exact opposite way.

6 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

Now,you know what really happened.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

I am sure ChrisCOL would be even more lost in case he ever lost his way to your blog :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Reminds me of a certain Capt. Jack Sparrows. :))

8:54 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

i wish, like Sachin, you were out at 100....No more blogs once u hit 100

11:07 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Ummm... well... err... hmmm...

(my new year resolution is to replace sarcasm with useless words and sounds. Just FYI... of no particular importance, this is ;) )

7:16 PM  
Blogger totti said...

Guys, your comments are getting as ridiculous as my posts. I also forgot to congratulate you guys. my 100 posts would mean 100 comments for all of you :)

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter