Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Cranky Message

My cellphone screamed silently, its tiny face suddenly illuminated as a response to the suppressed scream. I returned the call at the end of my class and a movie plan emerged from the rubble. Crank is a pretty good movie with violence and humor interspersed brilliantly. Its a different story told differently. After, the movie and dinner at a stupid indian restaurant, we were sauntering down to meet a couple of friends at another restaurant. The topics drifted towards voice mails and messages.

Until a few weeks ago, i used this idea to con people. My VM started with "Hello", a brief pause. "Helloooooo"..another pause "Hellllllllloooooooooooo"..another pregnant pause and then "Ha ha..i am not in right now, please leave me a message and i will get back to you!!". I am glad to anounce that quite a few people have been tricked. Suckers.

The same day afternoon (as the first para), subbu called me up. I picked up the call and said, "Hey, leave me a message and i will get back to you". But, ofcourse, subbu didnt buy the whole thing :). I will try it on someone else. I will have to wait for a few more rings, this time though. The goal is to create ultimate confusion of whether it is voice message or is it me!!!

My actual voice message greets, "Hey, you know what to do". In response, i got this message today.

"Umm.yeah, i am a dumbo
I don't know what to do
even, then, the question
is whether to do or not to do
but what i like to do is to do you. bye"

Out of curiosity, what does your VM say?. I heard someone had "Kaun hain be?" in a gruff say. Some might have "Yeah, tell me...".

PS: Also, check pointy's post on Voice mail

3 Comments:

Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Bark if you must waste my time :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

..and for once the plagiarist cites his source of inspiration for the post..good job..

If I were you I would not be proud of your old VM. It was annoying and even more, it wasnt original.

On a different note, once a friend called me, and I picked it up

"Thank you for calling Pizza Hut on South Atherton street. This is Mike. Would you like to listen to our special deals today." I tried a phony Amro accent, and he was speechless

8:34 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Rohan - hee hee..i wish i could have selected messages for selected people. Like if someone like pointy calls, i can let loose some expletives and stuff.

Pointy, atleast give credit to the guy whose idea you copied.Dog.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter