Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Seasonales

As i walked into the room, he skillfully converted the yawn into a hearty laugh. He was watching "Everybody loves Raymond!". He took a parting shot at me as i walked towards the refrigerator. "Machaan!! THIS is comedy". When i first came to US, a little over three years now, i used to watch a lot of Friends (like the Tom Hanks character in Terminal). I used to watch the 7:00 show and catch the repeat at 11:00 too. My over-the-board enthu put off some of my luke-warm Friends fan friends. Over the years, i grew out of it, moving from one comedy to another.

In the first year, i was naive and wide-eyed (occupational hazzard of having too much beauty around you.Go Penn State!!), i used to watch Friends. Slowly, i moved towards more satirical and less saccharine Seinfeld. The edgy south park, fake news Daily show followed next. When south park originally aired, people couldn't take it apparently. Too gross. Just like the way, i feel about Drawn together? And, yet again, as life changes and new things happen, may be, someday, i will be able to assosciate with "Everybody loves Raymond" :D.

Upnext : Has Pointy really become mature? Or is he just being at his hypocritical best? Find out in The Filthy Hypocrite, upnext :))

8 Comments:

Blogger Point 5 said...

Everybody Loves Raymond is a classic..I have finished seeing all episodes of it..Daily show is great to..but I think Tonite Show (Jay Leno) is better..

I cant wait for your next post..gimme a call, if u need some mature material :)))

Btw, Aussies finally showed others their class !

2:02 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Yeah even I think Raymond is a pretty good series but I think the only series that can be bought on DVD is Seinfeld and I plan on doing so during my India trip, waiting for ur next post let the battle begin

7:13 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Cmon man write abt pointy

7:49 AM  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

I am completely with you when you talk about Friends. Analyzing that, I find that the screen play is taut and well strung in that, even better than Seinfeld and E.L.R. Only thing is the story line is a chick-flick'ish.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am eager to hear about pointy from you...

7:11 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

TV is boring. Yawn.

And I am back :D

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totti, what happend on sunday ? give us some results man.

11:01 AM  
Blogger totti said...

@pointy - aussies show their ass. Good luck with the tournament :p

@rohan - did you put out the idea just because your b'day was around the corner? you will get bumps :)

@JC - i agree friends is like the humor version of chick flick..but i like seinfeld a lot tooo!!

@mallesh - very soon, i will rip him apart..wait a few minutes :)

@casa - Welcome!! how is everything on your side. I am drawing world domination plans, you control the east, i will take care of the west. :))

@chillar - i will update, but you can guess the result right? :)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter