Thursday, December 07, 2006

Snow White

I woke up with a start, a glance at the cell phone revealing that i had overslept. The blinds of my window were drawn horizontal. As the groginess cleared from my eyes, the view infront slowly settled in to focus. Wisps of snow hung in the air, like they were placed in position. The illusion only broken and reformed as they gently swayed in the light wind. A bare tree with arms stretched out stood across me, the snow settling on its rough fingers. It has been preparing for this moment all fall. Closer to my window lay a few stubborn shrubs. Stubborn to let go off their leaves. No short shrubs shed leaves, did you see that? The short are always stubborn (Nature's rule). I thought about the squirrels. And, on cue, i see them huddled underneath the cosy shrubs. The wind blows harder and the snow flakes are whisked away. As the wind winds down, the flakes settle into a new pattern. I will go do some work, then.

4 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

The short are stubborn, for a reason. They are strong to protect the needy when the tall are too caught up in other things. :)

You are Welcome

11:28 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

The first beauty of snow is soon done away with, and what you are left with is bitter cold and slush and depression. Yes, I dont like winters too much :p

9:55 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Cmon totti you cna do better than cog ur own posts :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

screw you guys, i am out

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter