Thursday, March 30, 2006

Assorted - II

Day dreaming has been past time pastime of mine. It seems a long time back that I used to day dream. Casa mentioned on pointy’s blog about day dreaming. I said something along the general lines mentioned above. Suddenly, a stern voice started speaking, “A fire has broke out in the building. Please find the nearby exit. Do not use the Elevator”. I have never been in a building on fire. Not even seen a building on fire. Rubbing my hands in glee, I picked up my laptop and ran downstairs. I don’t have pyromaniac tendencies just a lil crazy about things I wish to witness, now and then. Once when I was at iitm, I witnessed earthquake in the hostel. It was eerie feeling.

If I could, I would get rid of the word hypocrisy. What the hell does it even mean? It is too severe a word to brand people with. “Oh, he is such a hypocrite”. He says one thing and does something else. It happens all the time. Did it ever happen to you, that you brand some hypocrite and the next day evening you find yourself running for the president?

Some people are of the opinion that the word eve-teasing is too romantic a word. It doesn’t signify the nature of the crime. I agree. One way to get back at the eve-teasers is to pain them by calling them gay. Eve-teasing is gay. I am not trying to make light of this serious issue. Please bear that in mind. Not after what happened in Lucknow. I think if we see a bunch of guys paining females, get back at them.

A pretty woman in her late twenties walks to the neighboring grocery store. Her four year old tags along. On the corner is a homeless guy, peering through the dusty glass windows. A sneer ripples within her and she passes him quickly. She just needs to pick up a few things for dinner tonight. As she walks out laden with bags on one hand, and her son on the other, she sees a young guy with soft brooding eyes leaning on the pole. She looks up and smiles pleasantly.
“You like kids?”, he says nodding towards the young one.
“Oh..you know, he is a little monster”, she says drifting along.
“I could help you make some of those”, spat a contortion on his face.
“Is that how you got your brother?” said the homeless guy, appearing suddenly from nowhere.

6 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

This is probably my longest post. Anyway, it is a set of thoughts from the past couple of weeks.It didnt turn out the way, i expected it to be.But, neither did I

11:57 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Hmmm escaped an inferno that never happened, ran for president of PSCC, convinced urself it was ok to be a hypocrite and went eve teasing before finally getting ridicuiled by a homeless guy .... not a bad day all in all :)
Grrrreat post reminded me of the stuff you used to write when you first strted writing blogs.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

My kind of daydreaming is, well, shall we say, more poetic in nature. Does not involve imaginary fires and earthquakes :p

And when people call others hypocrites, they do know that they are too? So its okay... isnt it?

And I dont think its appropriate to call eve-teasers gay. I mean 'gay' isnt an insult, coz there are plenty of nice gay men.

The last story was shocking.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Anarkist said...

Why not call them a faggot. It has the added advantage of being an insult too, even to gay eve-teasers (I'm sure they exist). The last story reminded me of how we invented the 'behen ke baap' series of gaalis. ;p

7:07 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

Mr. Slave, I have a question for u from yesterday's episode

Why did Cartman save Kenny and his family from the Smug-Storm in San Francisco ? Why did he not take credit for the same ?

7:23 PM  
Blogger totti said...

@rohan - wth man! it was no imaginary fire.The threat was real, though the smoke looked wimpy :p

@casa - i forgot to mention the context.I came out and realised, i had nothing to do but do some day dreaming.Wish granted thru no ordinary means :).

And, what you say is true about gay people.I didnt mean it as an insult.The thing is if you call some straight gay, then there is something there.Esp. with the homophobic people.

@anarkist - what is faggot? i have heard it in SP,is it the same thing as gay but...?

@point5 - i didnt expect you to understand such intricate things. Even if someone cuts it out and lays it out on table, you wouldn't even understand it then.Yesterday, we had PCG..Awesome!

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter