Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Freedom

It is a strange feeling when a stranger sacrifices his life for you. You are not you anymore. A certain expectation surrounds you.Parting words haunt. In this case, there were no jitters, which accompany when i first meet a stranger. Yeah, sure they were stammers.But, that is not the point.

"Hey..Don't feel bad...this was meant to be...please..tell them..". And, he handed me his wallet and a ring.

Also, as you have probably seen in countless movies, it is difficult to convey such strong news to anyone.Even to your enemies. And, i am not specatcular at conveying tragic news. I stand at the wooden entrance, for what seems like an eternity. I would never be able to muster enough courage, even if i just stood there for months.I knock the door and enter. What i see melts my heart. An old lady on a cot. A young woman in her twenties, washing a set of clothes.Both draped in white saris.A morose looking chap sat in the corner, playing violin. I deliver the parting words and give them his wallet and the ring. They point me to his table. I slowly lumber towards his room, walk up to the table.I don't usually go around snooping people's tables.And, especially, dead ones. However, this particularly note looked intriguing.

3 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

Yep...you guessed it right.it was a suicide note.

The old woman thing is supposed to be buddi ma and vidhava behen. yeah..the ring is the one dark lord is looking for.what else....i think that is about it. Oh..yeah..the parting words..did say don't search my table. Three times

1:51 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

But I am sure the curious you could not resist, and you did search the table ;)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Why do I get the feeling that you set out writing something different and ended up with a mish mash of lot of stuff finally

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter