Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Hungry and The Tired

The whole atmosphere at the ground was picnic-like. It was both hot and windy. People weaving in and out over the weekend, people perched on the IST tower during research breaks. I always loved games under the huge flood-lights. I remember during on of the matches (finals, I think), I was standing near the huge light pole. I happened to glance up (since I wasn’t doing much anyway) and saw the giant light lamps. Suddenly, I was remembered of south park. Kenny dying because of “accident”. I promptly relocated myself a little deeper in the field. The next instant my eyes glowed as brightly, as I saw ajay’s stump uprooted by pointy’s ripper. Many think that that instant was the turning point of the match. I agree. Pointy, despite all his shortcomings, reeled in the aristocrats (rohan’s team).Tired horses (dogs) stamping, stuttering all the way to the finish line. If I had to pick one reason, why I love to play these guys is the fight they put in. All their matches were close. The culmination, undoubtedly, was the semi-finals. The teams were tied and these guys scraped in due to fewer wickets.

“Haven’t you ever felt that rush?”, asked matter with the shake of fist and head in tandem.Earlier in the match, someone (many) had pointed at his suspect bowling action. I thought many people were being unfair to him. During the match, the accusations really got to Matter. On one occasion he threw down the stumps with such force, charan was almost impaled by the cartwheeling stump. I have felt the rush, but you need the required talent to back the rush too! See what I am saying?

In other stand-out features, susu hitting ajay for a flat six on the off. Ajay and Nishant affecting the last ball runout to scrape to finals. Charan whacking a dancing nishant non-chalantly for a six in the finals. Sathya’s one-handed catch plucked out of thin air. Matter rattling the middle stump on the first ball he delivered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter