Monday, April 03, 2006

Rain

And, suddenly, it started raining. I ran into the shelter, removed my jacket, and donned the bag and the coat on top of it. Slowly, I began my walk back home. It is, like I said, a short walk towards home. I don’t know why but rain always ripples some long lost memories. Things, I never knew were racked up in my mind. It is a steady rain and you could see the green freshness emanating from the land. My eyes feel clear in days. The wind is mild and gentle too. It is f*ing romantic. I pass the nearby gas station, pausing to see for lurking automobiles and walk up the slope. A murky rivulet is flowing down the slope with astonishing speed. Suddenly, my ears are filled with distant laughter and shrieks. Mud soaked arms and legs, seven cousins howling and “singing”. Paper boats, sand dams, filthy pools, pruned fingers. My shoes are soaked in water, as I trudge up to the river top. A sudden desire seizes me and I whisk out my notebook. I flip to the back and tear out three sheets. I sit on my knees, in a corner, with the book balanced and try to make a paper boat. It comes naturally, like I made them everyday, till today. I float six of them down the river, two big, four small. The small ones run off like little children followed by the somber adults. I watch them till they I can, and step out of the corner. Something hard hits me and I am airborne; a bolt of lightening strikes and I vanish into the thin air. What are the chances.

9 Comments:

Blogger totti said...

Ofcourse, it didnt.otherwise, who will write the story. I want to try out putting imagery stuff.And, i said i am obsessed with visualisation.So...

7:03 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Nice imagery, a bit of nostalgia, generous amount of innocence, and a crazy ending typical of you - ingredients for a good post, I say :D

7:18 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Wow neat post

8:19 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

! eurt saw enil tsal eht hisw I

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one dude ! with ur typical wiered ending :) and stop asking about Ajay, he is coming and playing with his regular team.... talked to him few days back. See ya soon.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

y r u wasting paper??!! allah!

5:20 PM  
Blogger totti said...

@casa - Danke :p

@rohan - thats like the "visiting your blog for the first time.Good one.Keep it up" kind of comment :)

@pointy - you missplet wish.And, the feeling is mututal machaan!

@reader - glad you think so. There were protests infront of my house after this :p

@chillar - register your team ASAP.or you will have to bribe someone of us to play in the tournament.Rohan, are you coming or not?

@p - i forgot to mention the stream was flowing into a recycle bin in my head.So, i didnt waste any paper.:p

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please Consider Writing fiction

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter