Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hang me, while you can

The cell was dark and damp. I lay there staring at the ceiling in disbelief. The repeated pleas for pardon went useless. I curled myself together to chuck out despairing feelings. My fingers were trembling and i drew a deep breath. Clutching my comforter closer, i adjusted the pillow. I still could'nt believe that i would be hanged later in the day. Finally, the time had arrived. I pleaded with her to listen to me once. Not to hang me.I can explain everything. They slipped the cord around my neck.White and thick. I dropped my chin a little to look at the twisted cords. In a sudden snap, the floor below fell away and all air was knocked out.I twisted and choked.My legs danced a bit and i jumped up. A wave of relief swept over me, as i realised i was still in my bed. It took me sometime to realise where i was. I asked myself a couple of questions.Who am i? totti. Where am i? America.Allright.

I lay there in my head buzzing with a lot of questions. Why was i hanged? Did my constricted breathing start the dream sequence? Was it the Mangal Panday tune i was humming before sleeping? How does it feel to be hanged/electrocuted? Without the wet mop on your head? (Like Green mile). Will i die for some cause? How does it feel to be the first one to do that for your cause/country? How?Will I? Why?

Goddamm! Dreams are weird! Have you ever felt like you were walking on some road and you were falling and you wake up and see that you really were slipping/falling. It is simply bizzare sometimes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Hey I am thinking of doing a post on wat goes thru someone's head in the last seconds before he blows his head off with a gun. Its a neat idea for a blog but I aint gettin any ideas for it. Mebbe I need to sleep over it like u ;)
Ur dreams sound like someone's who's seen Mangal Pnadey recently and really inspired by the Aamir magic

1:38 PM  
Blogger totti said...

There are no written documents to indicate the state of mind as to what happens just before/after one has bitten the bullet.

A couple of things come to my mind though. Hitler. Fight club.Hitler died but the other one did not. Fight club is fiction, though.Nice idea.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

...Actually I & Shiva had given a deep thought to what went thru the US contractor who was beheaded in Iraq, after seeing the video...it sent a chill down our spines

4:14 PM  
Blogger Susu said...

well pointy there were people who watched it repeatedly to analyze if it was a hoax!!! yours truly:)

4:41 PM  
Blogger totti said...

machaan..that thing was spine chilling allright! i don't how you can sit and analyze such things da. Brr....

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter