Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ignorance is bliss, a lot of times

Ignorance is bliss. This is not the first time I have come to realize this . I have a confession to make. Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to be an awesome singer. It is in the recent past, that I have realized I am god awful. From that point, I have either restricted my singing to within the four walls of my bathroom or to large singing gatherings. I seek solitude at the extremes of the spectrum. The other evening, I was at a birthday of my friend (amani) and there were talks about this “new kid on the block” with a good voice. Listening to tushar, brought back some long lost memories. I guess it all stemmed from this one session in my school. Every morning at school, we used to assemble to figure out things in life. Once in a while, some kid would hop onto the dias and perform something. This guy (Prem) sings “Ae mere watan ke logo”. That’s all! The song evoked such strong emotions, I felt like Nehru when he first heard this song!

8 Comments:

Blogger Casablanca said...

Hey you should continue singing. If others cant take it, it is their problem :p

9:21 PM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

@Casablanca
....trust me, u dont want to hear him sing...the last time he sang, a pack of wolves came rushing, thinking it was their mating call....

@Totti
...dont take advantage of ur blog readers "ignonarance" to claim such attributes....

7:49 AM  
Blogger totti said...

It is not so much as other people don't want me to sing it is my own revelation!:p

And, pointy you might want to take away a couple of points from my post. If you can't sing, sing but say you are crappy.The same goes for your sense of humor.Crack bad jokes, but don't claim them to be your own /good!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

The question still remains did you or did u not sing at the bday party eventually

10:53 AM  
Blogger totti said...

Yeah! but they did'nt call it singing :P

11:38 AM  
Blogger Point 5 said...

..they called it crying..

Did u c how the Aussies crushed the World XI...what they did at Ashes was a long term diplomatic strat to help boost relations between England - Australia....

12:06 PM  
Blogger totti said...

England would kick your aussie ass any time.it is lucky that the ashes was only 5 tests and not more.Po(i)nting was glad it was over.

You heard the whisper?Will the winners play england!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Rohan Kumar said...

Ouch wat a present for ur bday I shall console the bday girl :)

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter